Choosing a CRM platform can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. We’ve put together a simple formula for selecting yours.
1. Map-out your business processes in detail
Talk to differing parts of the business to assess specific needs. This can prevent “silo” systems and disparate data appearing.
2. List the functions your CRM must perform
More than just capturing contact details, consider how information flows through your business during the customer journey.
3. List the software with which you need to integrate
Do you use stock management, accounting, marketing or bespoke software? Linking everything makes staff and customer lives easier.
4. Trial three to five CRM platforms that might fit the bill
Take crucial business processes and ensure the system supports delivery, effectively and efficiently. Get key staff to test too.
5. Compare and score systems like-for-like
Build a feature matrix of “must haves” and “nice to haves” with your team. Complete this for each trialled system to pick a winner.